A Dental Implant is a prosthetic device, made of titanium, which is implanted beneath the
oral tissues and within the bone to provide retention and support for a fixed or removable prosthesis. If properly
care for, many years of successful use of the dental implant can be expected.
- Unlike conventional bridgework, dental implants can provide tooth replacement without the need to cut down adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants also prevent the loss of bone in the area of the missing tooth. Replacing the tooth with an implant restores
function to the bone and prevents the resorption of the bone.
- Dental implants can also be used to anchor full or partial removable dentures. This provides much greater retention and security
than traditional techniques.
Advancement in Implant Technologies and Techniques
Dental implants have significantly improved in the past 20 years. The understanding of the site requirements
and placement procedures that are necessary to ensure primary stability have advanced considerably. Implant designs and surface treatments
have also evolved. This has lead to high success rates for dental implant treatments with patients reporting greater comfort level.
Reduction of Treatment Time
Material developments and techniques such as the titanum oxide layer on dental implant surfaces has now allowed shorter treatment time. These new surface developments allows.
- Enhanced osseointegration for unmatched stability
- Immediate Function for patients
- Ideal texture and porosity for bone apposition
- Enhanced environment for bone formation
- Soft Tissue integration for healthy connective/epithelial tissue and a natural looking gingiva
- Its structure most similar to human cancellous bone thus absorbs blood proteins, aids bone growth
Nobel Biocare provides integrated, science-based solutions - from root to tooth - to dental professionals and their patients, including:
- Dental implants and abutments
- Individualized all-ceramic prosthetic solutions, including crowns, bridges, and laminates
- Guided surgery software and scanners
- A complete digitalized patient rehabilitation program
Nobel Biocare offers the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions, which maximize safety, reliability, efficiency, and comfort. Nobel Biocare is:
- Committed to the highest scientific standards and principles
- Focused on product leadership, science and innovation, and customer care
The Endopore dental implant incorporates a unique, truncated cone-shaped design that uses a multilayered porous surface geometry over most of its length to achieve integration by three-dimensional bone ingrowth.
Developed in response to the need for a simpler, less invasive and biologically more compliant system, the Endopore implant employs an approach that has been used extensively for orthopedic joint replacement fixation since the mid 1980's. Compared to threaded implants, Endopore's surgical advantages include:
- a secure, three-dimensional interlocking interface with bone
- predictable and minimal crestal bone remodelling
- greater surgical options with shorter implant lengths
- an uncomplicated surgical sequence
- minimal instrumentation and inventory